Partnerships for Social Initiatives (PSI) is a non-governmental, independent, non-partisan research and educational think tank, devoted to developing, advocating, and implementing public policies necessary for the establishment of a consolidated liberal democracy in Georgia.
PSI activities consider:
- Contributing to improvement of joint work of government, private sector and civil society in the process of ongoing in the country important reforms of constitutional, judiciary, health care and social protection systems; study, research and analyses of these processes; professional interpretation of the results of research and their dissemination using various means of media (TV, radio, web, press); inclusion of population in radio on air and online discussions; conducting professional educational seminars for journalists and students and providing media representatives with reliable and timely information on above processes.
- Conducting Public Policy dialogue – transparent, professional, non- politicized public discourses (debates) with participation of all stakeholders; elaboration of expert recommendations for decision makers considering views and comments of all participants.
- Through its public debates, conferences, seminars, radio and tv programs, research and publications PSI acts as a liason between government, private sector and society.
For 11 years of functioning PSI became firmly established, earned a good name for itself.
Its esperience is well known and appreciated by a number of international organizations.
For present PSI holds the standing of a team capable to provide all the spectrum of decision makers with well thought-out advices and valuable recommendations.
In the period of 2010-2011 PSI work was focused on Projects:
1. “Support Public Policy Discourse in Georgia”
U.S.Agency for International Development (USAID)
2. Assessing the New Constitutional and Judiciary Reform
National Endowment for Democracy (NED)